MS Office Installation Process – Step By Step Installation Guide
Microsoft Office is a suite of software that includes Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Microsoft Word, and more flagship products. Over a billion people across the globe utilize it. In both the home and the office, it has become a critical productivity tool.
You have to perform ‘MS Office installation’ if you wish to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and more flagship products. But for ‘Microsoft Office installation’, one needs to first purchase a product key for Microsoft Office. Then, download and install its files directly from Microsoft.
Office 365: Essential System Requirements to Operate Effectively
You have to ensure that your system comprises various necessary system requirements so that Microsoft Office 365 can operate effectively.
You can use the Operating system – Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1. For Mac, you can use Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.15 Catalina. You can use browsers such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge – the latest version, and Internet Explorer.
Computer and processor requirements include 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor, and 2 GB or 1GB RAM (64-bit or 32-bit). You have to keep Disk space aside of 3 gigabytes (GB).
The monitor resolution includes 1024 x 768.
Requirements To Check Before Microsoft Office installation
After you purchase Microsoft Office, activate and ‘download Office 365.’ You would get detailed instructions of ‘Office installation’ in the packaging. As far as getting Office 365 is concerned, you can either buy it or opt for Office 365 download. You don’t need to bother about the product key as you would get it on the box if you buy from retail. If you buy online, to ‘install Microsoft Office 365’, most probably, you would get it by email. You would get the “Install Office” link on the receipt after the online purchase.
If you bought digitally, you’ll get the key in an email along with your digital download. Choose your nation or area, as well as your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
How to Perform Installation Of Microsoft Office 365 On Windows PC?
- Sign in with your Microsoft account or create a new one at setup.office.com.
- Input your product’s serial number (or activation code). Using this product key, you may prove to Microsoft that the program was lawfully bought. If you bought digitally, you’ll get the key in an email along with your digital download. Choose your nation or area, as well as your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Install Office. What occurs next after you download the installation file is determined on the web browser you’re using. Choosing install will bring up a dialog box asking whether you want to execute, save, or cancel the file. Choose “Run” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- User Account Control may prompt you to confirm that the program should be allowed to perform system-wide modifications.
- The installation procedure starts immediately as soon as you execute the downloaded file. In the event that Windows prompts you, choose ‘Yes’ to enable the installation to proceed. If you’re prompted to close any currently running applications, click ‘Yes.’
- Now, you may come across the notification that “The installation is complete”. This means completion of the process. Now that Office has been installed, “Additionally, an animation shows you where the Office programs are located on your computer via the use of sound effects. Close the window by clicking it.
- You have completed the installation of Microsoft Office and now, you can use it.
Reinstallation Tips For Installation Of MS Office 365
Go to My Account and download the installation file if you don’t already have it on your hard drive to reinstall Microsoft Office. Once you’ve done that, just follow the steps described above. Run the file to re-start the installation process if you have it.
How to Open or Launch Office 365 in Any Windows OS?
If you don’t know how to start Office 365, don’t worry. We shall help you with launch Office 365 so that you can use it.
- Selecting the Start button will launch an Office app. Look at the bottom-left corner of your screen to see what’s happening. Enter the name of a Microsoft Office program, such as Word.
- If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 8.0, go to the Start screen and enter the name of an Office program.
- Choose the Office app’s icon from the search results to launch it.
- Agree on the licensing agreement when it appears in the Office app. Microsoft Office turns activated. You can use it is now.
How to Install Microsoft Office On Mac?
On completion of the download, you would find the installation files in the download folder. Ensure the download folder is your default installation folder for the same. Double-click the Microsoft Office installer.pkg file and installation would begin.
- Double-click the Microsoft Office installer.pkg file in Downloads after the download is complete in Finder (the name might vary slightly).
- When you see the Welcome page during installation, click Continue to continue the procedure.
- Select continue once you’ve read and understood the software licensing agreement.
- Accept the software licensing agreement’s terms by clicking on Agree.
- Hit continue once you’ve made your selection about how to install Office.
- Press install once you’ve finished checking the system requirements or changing the installation location.
If you just want to use a few of the included Office applications, you may do so. For the same, opt for the customization option and uncheck the boxes next to the ones you don’t want.
If asked, enter your Mac’s login password and select Install Software to continue. If you don’t remember your Mac’s password, use this one.
You can easily perform MS Office installation or installation of Office 365 on Mac. The main steps include logging in on the Microsoft website and entering the correct operating system and ensuring you have the minimum requirements. For further queries on how to install Microsoft Office, you can contact us.
Microsoft Office is a suite of software that includes Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Microsoft Word, and more flagship products. Over a billion people across the globe utilize it. In both the home and the office, it has become a critical productivity tool. You have to perform ‘MS Office installation’ if you wish to…