TP-Link Router Setup in 4 Easy Steps
If you are looking for a guide to help you with the TP-link router setup, you are at the right place!
Tp-link routers allow you to connect multiple devices such as computers, smartphones, and other devices. It provides accessibility and flawless connectivity to the internet connection.
Thus, to help you with ‘how to setup TP-link router’, we bring this guide for you. Follow these 4 easy steps and you are good to go!
Related Post:- Netgear Router Setup
Get Started with TP-Link Router Setup
Before you begin with the TP-link router setup, ensure you have all the necessary items for connection. It includes – the router’s power supply, device manual, a network cable, a USB cable, and a Driver disc.
Step 1: Connect with Power Supply
The first step in setup the TP-link router is to connect with the power supply.
- Find the power outlet or surge protector.
- Connect it with the power cable.
- Next, connect another end of the cable to the router’s power input, located on the rear side of it.
- Check if the power is turned on.
Step 2: Set Up Modem Connection
Now, in the next step of the tp-link router setup, you need to connect the modem. It is to receive the local network with an internet connection.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet into the internet or WAN port (rear side of the router).
- Next, plug in the remaining end of the ethernet cable on the rear available pot of the modem (usually yellow).
Step 3: Sign In
To sign in, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Now, type in the tp router link in the browser’s address bar – http://tplinkwifi.net
- In case the address link does not respond, cross-check the link present at the bottom of the router. Note:- You can also try the IP address.
- Enter the user credentials (username and password) when asked. The credentials are available at the bottom of the router next to the default access link.
Step 4: Modify SSID & Default Password
Once you are logged in, you need to ensure that you change the password. This step is essential for the tp-link wireless router setup security purpose.
While creating the password, make it strong. For that, you can use special characters (if accepted) and alphanumeric combinations.
- From the router’s user interface, select the Wireless Settings tab.
- In some models, it is the Advanced tab. Then select the Wireless >> Wireless Settings.
- Now, change the SSID or the network name as per your choice.
- Click on the Save button. This will be your name shown when searching for available wireless networks.
- Moving forward, select Wireless Security and create a new password.
- Hit the Save button.
- Click on the tab Version and select WPA2-PSK.
- On some models, Security >> Version >> WPA/WPA2- Personal and WPA2-PSK.
- Enter your new password in the box Password.
- Click the Save button when done.
Congratulations! You have completed the tp link router setup settings successfully.
Related Post:- Asus Router Setup
Hopefully, following the guide, you have completed tp link router setup. Now you can connect any device to the router using the new password. Nonetheless, if you encounter any issues while setting up the router, feel free to contact us. We are available 24×7 across the world.