How to Setup Apple TV? – Instructions for the Setup Process
- by Kevin
Apple is renowned for developing world-class technical products. Users can easily set up and begin using their devices right away. When you buy Apple TV, you also get three months of unlimited Apple TV plus. If you’ve purchased this device and are wondering how to setup Apple TV and start streaming your favorite shows, this article is for you.
Currently, you can find two versions on this device. They include Apple TV 4K4 and Apple TV HD. But the setup process is the same for both these versions. Read on to know stepwise instructions on setting up this device efficiently and start enjoying videos and music via your home theater.
Related Post: How to Setup Apple Wireless Router
How to Setup Apple TV
The Apple TV device box contains the actual device, a power cord for linking the Apple TV to an outlet, a Siri remote, and a lightning USB cable to charge the remote. Note that the box does not have an HDMI cable. But you need this cable for the setup process. So, ensure that you have it before you start to set up Apple TV. After making suitable arrangements, follow these setup instructions.
- Plug the Apple TV into the outlet through the power cord. Then connect your Apple TV to the TV via the HDMI cable.
- Switch on your TV and choose the HDMI input to which the Apple TV is linked. You then may have to click or tap your remote to activate the setup according to your model.
- After that, select your language and region. Proceed through the data and privacy disclosure.
- After that, the next step is to link to your Wi-Fi network and input your Apple ID. At this point, you’ll be prompted to select between ‘Set Up with Device’ or ‘Set Up Manually.’ The setup process through both of them is explained below.
Set up with the device
- Set up this device with your iOS device like the iPhone. Check that it is linked to Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth should be turned on.
- Keep the device close to the Apple TV. It’ll trigger a prompt on the device. Touch ‘Set Up’ to continue.
- You’ll be prompted to input an authentication code that will come on your TV.
- After entering the code, the authentication procedure will take over half a minute to go through.
Set up manually
- If you have chosen this option, you’ll be prompted to select your Wi-Fi network and input the password.
- After that, you will need to enter your Apple ID. But you can skip this step. If you don’t skip it, you can do things like making purchases via iTunes and synchronizing to various Apple devices.
- After connecting to the Wi-Fi, the Apple TV setup is complete. You’ll view the home screen. From here, you can watch any of your favorite movies or shows.
Related Post:- How to Setup Netflix on Smart TV
Now you know how to set up Apple TV by yourself quickly. The process isn’t complicated to follow. But if you face any issues, feel free to speak to hardware setup customer services. The setup experts will resolve all your concerns.
Apple is renowned for developing world-class technical products. Users can easily set up and begin using their devices right away. When you buy Apple TV, you also get three months of unlimited Apple TV plus. If you’ve purchased this device and are wondering how to setup Apple TV and start streaming your favorite shows, this…