Android TV Setup | Step-By-Step Tutorial 2022
- by Kevin
Have you just purchased an Android TV that you now need to set up? Well, you’ve arrived at the right place. There is not much difference between setting up various Android TV devices. If you know the process to set up one, you can easily set up all other devices. In this article, you’ll learn about the entire Android TV setup. It will help you to configure and start using this device correctly.
Also Check:- How to Setup Apple TV
What are the Prerequisites for Android TV Setup?
When you purchase Android TV, you require to both set it up and connect it to your remote. But before you begin with Android TV/Setup, ensure that you have the following.
- A strong Wi-Fi internet connection
- A working Google account
In case your television does not have a built-in Android TV, you’ll require:
- An external device that has Android TV
- A monitor or TV with HDMI ports that supports HDCP
- An HDMI cable
Also Check:- How to Setup Netflix on Smart TV
The Process to Follow for Android TV Setup?
After you ensure that you have all the prerequisites, you can start the setup process. The process is broken down into three major parts that entail connecting the Android TV, pairing the remote, and setting it up.
1. Connect the Android TV
If you have an Android TV that’s built into your TV, plug it into an outlet and switch it on. After that, you can pair your remote. But if you have a distinct Android TV device, you must link it to your TV monitor. Follow these points for it.
- Switch off your TV.
- Link the Android TV device to the TV using the HDMI cable.
- Plug the Android TV into the outlet.
2. Pair the Remote to the TV
The next step to set up Android TV is to pair your remote. Follow this process for it.
- Switch on your TV.
- To choose the correct input for the Android TV device, hit the ‘Source.’ You’ll find a picture of the TV, timer, and remote.
- Use the on-screen guidelines to pair the remote.
3. Setup the Android TV
You have two options to set your Android TV up. They include Quick Start using an Android phone and setting the TV with your remote. Follow these steps to know how to set up Android TV.
Setup Your Android TV with Quick Start
- When the TV says ‘Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?’ select ‘Continue’ using your remote.
- Launch the Google app on the Android phone and type ‘setup my device.’
- Adhere to the instructions on the phone till you receive a code. Enter it into your TV.
- Touch your TV’s name on the phone when it appears.
- To complete the setup, adhere to the guidelines on your TV.
Setup with the Remote
- When the TV says ‘Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?’ select ‘Skip’ using your remote.
- Link to Wi-Fi.
- Select ‘Sign in’ followed by ‘Use your remote.’
- Login to your Google account and abide by the on-screen instructions.
Also Check:- Amazon Fire Stick Setup
How to Link Your Android TV to the Internet Via Mobile Data?
You can easily set up a hotspot for Android TV. Before beginning, ensure that the mobile data is turned on. On your Android phone, start by opening the ‘Settings app. Now, follow these steps.
- Click ‘Network & Internet.’
- Choose ‘Hotspot & Tethering.’
- Switch on ‘Bluetooth Tethering’ or ‘Mobile Hotspot.’
- When your Android TV says, ‘Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?’, use the remote to select ‘Skip.’
- Choose ‘Connect with phone data.’
- Select the name of your hotspot below ‘Available Networks.’
If you want to control your mobile data usage, choose ‘Network’ on Android TV, followed by ‘Data saver.’ Now, switch on ‘Data saver.’
Also Check:- How to Set Up Amazon Prime on TV
Now, you are well familiar with the Android TV setup process. You won’t feel it difficult to set it up yourself. But if you still have any doubts about it, feel free to reach out for expert setup customer support services. The professionals will help you in setting up any device.
Have you just purchased an Android TV that you now need to set up? Well, you’ve arrived at the right place. There is not much difference between setting up various Android TV devices. If you know the process to set up one, you can easily set up all other devices. In this article, you’ll learn…