Dial avast support number if it won’t update
If you facing some issues when it comes to updating the Avast antivirus then you can just dial the Avast support number or refer to the solution mentioned below:
- Start Windows with minimal drivers- You are advised to boot your system with minimal drivers if you are not able to update Avast Antivirus. In order to do it, open the system configuration, navigate to ‘services’ and choose ‘hide all Microsoft Services’ box, then disable all. Go to the task manager and deactivate all the items that you have selected. Hit ‘Ok’ at the startup option of the system configuration. Restart your laptop/desktop and try to update Avast Antivirus once again.
- Get the latest version of OS- If you are still using the out-of-date version of OS then you won’t be able to install the latest version of Avast Antivirus. Check for updates by going to Settings and then update and settings to get rid of the problem. Click on Windows update and then check for updates to try once more.
- Deactivate Firewall/VPN- You might not be aware of the fact that your firewall might be the culprit behind the issue you are facing when you try to install the latest update Avast. In order to tackle this, go to Start, search for Firewall and then double click on Windows Firewall. Switch off the firewall protection and then try to update.
If you are still unable to update Avast Antivirus then you can just dial the Avast customer support number for more help.
Avast won’t open? Get in touch with the avast customer support
If Avast won’t open on Windows then you can try the methods listed below by the experts from Avast customer support:
Repair the program
- Log in with an admin account and open the control panel
- Go to programs and then choose to ‘uninstall a program’
- Right-click on Avast and select uninstall
- You will come across a wizard on the screen with different options like Update, modify, repair and uninstall
- Click on repair and then select ‘Next’
- Once it is done, click on ‘Finish’ and then restart the system to see if the issue has been mended or not
Install from the starting
If nothing works then you can just perform a clean install to fix the problem.
- Go to the official website of Avast and hit on ‘download for PC’
- Open the uninstallation tab of Avast and then download the uninstallation utility tool
- Boot in the safe mode and switch off the Wi-Fi once you are done with the download
- Open the Run box, enter ‘MSConfig’ and then open the configuration box
- Go to the boot tab, check the safe boot option, and then hit ok
- Restart your system, run the uninstallation utility of Avast and search the folder where Avast can be found
- Click on ‘Remove’ and then restart the system with normal setup for the effects to take place
Feel free to connect with Avast customer support if you have any issues.
Avast tech support to help with the installation of avast
If you are not able to install Avast then all you need to do is contact Avast tech support and the experts will help you out in no time. You can also try to install it by following these steps listed below:
Remove third-party apps
Due to the interference of the third-party apps, your system might not be able to download Avast. To overcome this issue, eliminate this application from your device by opening the control panel and then give a shot again.
Uninstall any other antivirus apart from Avast
If you have any other antivirus installed then it is unquestionably going to cause an issue. It is also a prospect that you might not even know that you have an antivirus installed beforehand. In order to check this, open the control panel and go to programs and features. Check if you have any other antivirus installed or not and if you do then uninstall it.
Switch off the Windows defender
Use these steps to turn the windows defender off:
- Go to the settings and then go to the option of update and security
- Open Windows defender, then open windows defender security center
- Click on virus and threat protection and open its settings
- You will see an option of ‘real-time protection’ which you are supposed to uncheck
If you still face a problem then all you need to do is get in touch with Avast tech support and everything will be taken care of in a swift manner.