A Comprehensive Guide Of HP Printer Setup For Printer Users
As new technologies emerge, different devices become better and more efficient. The HP printer is no exception to it. Today, it has become better than before, providing people with a lot of convenience and ease of use. At present, you can print almost anything from any place at any time.
You can even print various documents from your smartphone using it. When users purchase printing devices from HP, they desire to start using them right away. But for using it effectively, you should know how to install it, as well as its software. Only then you can start printing photos and documents. In this guide, you will find out about the process of HP printer setup in detail. After you understand it, you won’t find any problem in setting your printing device.
What Do You Need for HP Printer Setup?
The process of hp setup takes close to 30 minutes. The things you need for it include the following:
- Your HP printer
- A4 paper
- A laptop or your computer.
- A printer cable in case you have a printer without Wi-Fi.
How to Prepare Your HP Printer before Installing?
The first step you need to know for how to setup hp printer, is to install it. But before that, you need to prepare the printer. At this point, unpack your device, and get it out of any protective material. Follow these steps.
- Unpack the device and take away the protective material from the outside and inside of your device. You can also look into the manual to do this step properly.
- Plug your power cord and let the printer turn on. Then, select the appropriate language on your screen.
- Add a set of papers. Now your printer is on. But it still isn’t connected to your computer.
Connect Your HP Printer to Computer
Various steps are involved in this process. They are given below. In case of any trouble, while setting up, you can go to the official site of HP printer, 123.hp.com.
Install the cartridges
Installing cartridges is simple. Lift the cover of your printer. Remove the printer cartridges from their packaging and see if you have the appropriate color in the right place. Take away the sticker on it and then push it into the holder. You will hear a click when they are inserted properly. Now, close the cover.
Steps for Wireless HP Printer Setup
The wireless setup of the HP printer is quite easy. You can do it without a CD or with it. The steps for hp wireless printer setup without a CD are given below.
- First, see if your printer is making a network with a wireless connection.
- Then, go through the user manual and find where the power button is located. Switch it on.
- Next, connect your printer with the router.
- Now, go to the official hp 123 printer setup website, which is 123.hp.com/setup. From here, you need to install the printer driver. Input your printer’s model number correctly to get the right driver.
How to Install HP Printer Software?
Installing HP printer software is very critical for a well-functioning printer. Once you are on the official website of HP mentioned above, do the following:
- Initiate the process of installing the driver.
- Next, install the HP Smart App from the website of HP. It will assist you immensely in setting your printer up.
- Click on the option of ‘Next’ in the setup window till the setup process is fully completed. You will find the ‘Ready to use’ option on your screen.
- You are ready to start printing with your new printer.
How to Setup Printer Wirelessly with CD?
Now you know what the procedure is for hp setup printer without CD. The steps for setting it up with CD are simple as you are only required to insert the CD and then adhere to the instructions you see on the screen. Follow the steps below for the wireless setup of the printer with CD.
- Link your HP printer to a wireless network. Make sure that the router and system are firmly connected. Also, verify the password and network name.
- After the networks are established, open CD. Now, adhere to the steps by tapping the option of ‘Next.’ Repeat it till you reach the option of ‘Finish.’
- After you come to the final step, tap ‘Install.’
- This procedure will link the printer with the operating system.
- Now, start loading papers in the tray and also add ink cartridges.
- Navigate to ‘File’ and choose the file you want to get printed.
- Choose the patterns and layout you want to retrieve. You can also make font changes.
- Now, start your first printing job.
The Process of HP Printer Setup with USB
Similar to the steps above for your printer setup using CD, the steps for setting up a wired printer are also very straightforward. Go through the instructions mentioned below.
- Put your printer near the device you desire to connect with. It will ensure that the printing device is within the required range in which the cable can effectively reach your computer.
- Plugin your printing device to a power source to supply it with electricity.
- Now turn it on.
- You’ll notice the button of power on your printer. To switch it on, press it.
- The next step is to link the printer to your system through the USB slot. All you have to do is insert the cable into the USB port of your system.
- Navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ and click on ‘Devices and Printers.’
- After that, tap on ‘Printers and scanners.’
- On pressing it, you’ll see a row called ‘Add a new printer or scanner.’ You have to tap it.
- Now you can notice your printer’s name with an extra option of ‘Add device.’ Click it.
- Continue to tap on ‘Next’, and your printer will be successfully set up in some time.
How to Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi Using the Wireless Setup Wizard
By now, you must have gained a lot of knowledge on 123 hp printer setup. You can also connect this printer to Wi-Fi with Wireless Setup Wizard. This wizard is present on the Control Panel of your printer. Note that you can implement this method only to those HP printers having a graphics display.
- Start your printer and unplug Ethernet or USB cables from it.
- From the ‘Control Panel’, click the wireless icon.
- Choose ‘Wireless Settings’ and tap ‘Wireless Setup Wizard.’
- Locate your network and input the WPA key. Click ‘OK.’
How to Connect Printer to Wi-Fi with WPS Push Button
If your HP printer and router support the Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS mode, you can connect your printing device to Wi-Fi with a push from your printing device and router. Follow these points for it.
- Push the WPS button on the HP printer.
- In the absence of a physical push button, visit the ‘Control Panel’ and start the WPS push button mode. Click the ‘Wireless’ menu and then tap ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup.’ You will find various onscreen instructions. Follow them for finishing the setup.
- Press the WPS push button present on your router in two minutes.
- In case your system prompts for a PIN, look at your printer. If it still doesn’t show up, get it from the WPS.
Hopefully, you might find yourself confident enough to execute the whole HP printer setup process. Start by preparing your HP printer before you install it and then connect it to the computer. You can connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi without a CD and with it. Install the correct printer driver when you visit the official website of HP. You can also setup your HP printer with a USB by inserting the cable into the USB port of your system. If your printer has a graphics display, connect it to Wi-Fi using the Wireless Setup Wizard. For any additional help in this process, connect with customer care support.