A Detailed Guide For The Canon Pixma Printer Setup Process
- by Kevin
Canon’s Pixma printers are all-in-one printing devices designed for high volume printing tasks. When you purchase the device, you need to set it up correctly so that you can start working with it. That’s why it’s important to understand the whole Canon Pixma printer setup process. The setup begins when you unbox the printer till you install the cartridges. If any of the steps aren’t performed correctly, your printing device will not be setup properly. In this article, you’ll find stepwise instructions for this procedure and how you can add it to a wireless network.
The Steps for Effective Canon Pixma Printer Setup
After you have bought this printing device, you need to adhere to certain steps for setting it up. Upon tearing the tape on the box, and taking out the printer and other resource materials, follow this procedure to setup Canon Pixma printer.
- Open the cover in the front, document cover, and the paper output tray. Keep a bunch of white papers and then slide the paper guide to its end part. Next, connect the power cable for switching on the printer.
- Select the language that you can see on the control panel of the printer and tap ‘OK.’ Remove the fine cartridges and the protective tape. Place the fine cartridges after raising the lock lever.
- Close the lever and repeat these steps for other cartridges. Close the output cover.
- Post the installation process, an alignment page will be printed. You can download the drivers from the official website of Canon.
- Launch the web browser on your device. Select the ‘Run‘ option to begin the process. Locate the file that’s downloaded on the system. It will be in the format of .exe.
- Hold and press the Wi-Fi button on the printing device till you see the light flashing. Press the button of colour and then the button of Wi-Fi. Ensure that the light of Wi-Fi is flickering.
- For extending the wireless setup, you need to install the drivers on your system.
Also Visit: Canon Printer Setup
The Steps for Canon Pixma Printer Setup for Wireless Connection
You can connect the Canon Pixma to Wi-Fi in two ways. The first is the wireless setup process of the Pixma printer with the WPS method, and the second is the standard connection method to link the Pixma printing device to Wi-Fi.
WPS Method for Connecting the Canon Pixma Printer Wirelessly.
The WPS method for Canon Pixma wireless printer setup is widely employed for Windows and Mac operating systems. The steps for setting a printer in this manner are given below.
- Turn on the device to begin the wireless setup process.
- Hold and press the button of Wi-Fi on the printing device till the light comes.
- Press the button ‘WPS‘ on the router.
- After your printing device is firmly linked to the internet, try to print a page from the wireless Pixma printer.
- If the printing job is successfully completed, it means that you have accomplished the Canon Pixma wireless setup.
The Standard Method for Setting up Canon Pixma Wireless Printer
The standard method for setting Canon Pixma is used, particularly when the router doesn’t have the feature of WPS. Here are the steps to follow for this method.
- Start running the setup from your printer CD.
- Tap ‘Next‘ on the initial screen.
- As a connection method, choose ‘Wireless LAN Connection‘ then click ‘Next‘ to proceed further with the wireless Pixma Canon printer setup.
- For the wireless LAN connection method, choose ‘Access Point Connection‘ then tap ‘Next.’
- When you notice that the installation setup guide has begun, tap ‘Next.’
- Tap’ Cable-less setup.’
- Start pressing and holding the Wi-Fi button on your printing device. Press and hold the button till you see the orange coloured light flashing twice.
- After that, tap’ Next.’
- Check that the blue Wi-Fi light flashes and the green coloured light are lit.
- Tap’ Next.’
- Choose your language. Agree to the user agreement that you see.
- Adhere to the instructions on the screen to finish the installation process. Click ‘Exit.’
What is the Process of Wireless Canon Pixma Printer Setup on Mac?
You can easily achieve the Canon Pixma wireless setup for Mac OS. Follow these instructions.
- Navigate to ‘System Preferences.’ Choose ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Choose the icon of ‘+‘ to add the wireless printer.
- From the list available, choose the Canon wireless printer and add it.
- Your setup process is finished. Conduct a test print to see the Wi-Fi connection of the Canon Pixma printer.
What is the Process of Wireless Pixma Printer Setup on Windows?
To connect the Pixma printer to Wi-Fi on Windows OS, you need to follow a couple of basic steps. These are given below.
- Tap on ‘Start‘ and navigate to ‘Settings.’
- In the window of settings, tap on ‘Devices.’
- Choose ‘Printers and Scanners’ and then choose ‘Add Printer.’
- After that, link it to the network of the printer. That’s it. Your printer setup process for Windows is now complete.
As you can observe, the procedure for the Canon Pixma printer setup is quite easy to follow. Not only that, you have two ways of connecting the printer to a wireless network, namely the WPS method and the standard method. Set your Canon Pixma on Mac OS and Windows by following the instructions explained above. In case you are not able to set it up correctly, contact Canon Pixma customer support.
Canon’s Pixma printers are all-in-one printing devices designed for high volume printing tasks. When you purchase the device, you need to set it up correctly so that you can start working with it. That’s why it’s important to understand the whole Canon Pixma printer setup process. The setup begins when you unbox the printer till…