How to Setup Alexa Echo Dot & Resolve Common Setup Issues
The Amazon Echo Dot is a smaller version of its predecessor, Amazon Echo. It utilizes the voice-controlled Alexa assistant to answer queries, play music, news, and the like. You’ll find some of the most powerful audio and smart home capabilities in this device. But if you have just bought it, you need to set it up. So it’s essential to know how to setup Echo Dot and get started with this Alexa device in a few minutes. The setup mode of the Echo Dot is possible via the Alexa app that you can download from the Play Store. In this article, you’ll learn exactly how you can setup your personal Alexa assistant.
How to Setup Echo Dot in a Few Steps
You can begin with the setup process by downloading the Alexa app on your mobile phone. This app is compatible with Android 5.0 and higher versions. It’s also fully compatible with iOS 9.0 and versions higher than that and Fire OS 3.0 version or those higher than that. Follow these points to know how to setup Amazon Echo Dot.
- Log in to your Alexa app with Amazon account username and password. Also, plug your device into a source of power.
- Start the setup process by selecting the option of ‘Setup a new device’ from the app menu.
- Select your Echo Dot among the list of Alexa-enabled devices.
- You’ll find your device’s ring light turning orange after you plug it into a source of power for the first time. It shows the ‘Amazon Echo setup’ mode. In case you find the light not appearing, hit the ‘Action’ button on your device for about 5 to 6 seconds.
- Navigate away from the Alexa app and select a custom Amazon wireless network.
- Return to the Alexa app to view the available network list to join for your interaction with Alexa.
- Once the connection is created, your Echo Dot setup process is finished.
How to Resolve Issues with Amazon Echo Dot
After knowing how to setup Alexa Echo Dot, you must also be acquainted with the measures, you can take when the device doesn’t work. Many users report that Echo Dot is not working. Here are some steps you must take to fix this issue.
- Check that the Echo Dot is switched on and has internet access.
- Power on the microphone. If it’s powered off, you’ll notice a red light ring rather than a blue one. Press the mic button on the device to turn on the mic.
- See if your smartphone and the Echo Dot device are on a single network. Both of them should be on a single network. Otherwise, the Alexa login will not work.
The article will have given you an answer to your question about how to setup Echo Dot. You can also resolve the various problems that may arise with it. If you have any doubts about its working or setup, connect with professional support services. The experts will help you to know how to use the device in the best way.
The Amazon Echo Dot is a smaller version of its predecessor, Amazon Echo. It utilizes the voice-controlled Alexa assistant to answer queries, play music, news, and the like. You’ll find some of the most powerful audio and smart home capabilities in this device. But if you have just bought it, you need to set it…