Have trouble while doing Linksys router setup? not anymore! Here in this guide, you will get detailed help setting up Linksys routers yourself.
However, if stuck at this step then you can connect with Linksys support or us for help. Our technicians will assist you to set up the router and resolve your quarry also.
Prior Requirements to Setup Linksys Router
Linksys routers are used widely to get wi-fi connections on multiple devices. If you are here, the reason must be the same. So, before you begin the setup, go through the prior requirements of it.
- The router’s power supply or charger
- A Network cable, Drive Disc, USB cable (for some models)
- An active internet connection
- A system (computer/laptop)
- Device manual
How To Setup Linksys Router?
The Linksys router setup can be done in two ways: With cable internet service or using the smart setup wizard. If you want to set it up manually you can even use the CD for that purpose. However, if you lost it by chance, you can still set it manually.
We will deal with both methods. But, first, we will learn how to setup Linksys router with a cable.
Setup With Cable Internet Services
Check your cable connections properly and ensure that the internet connection is also working fine.
1: Connect your Linksys wifi router with the modem using an ethernet cable.
2: Now, plug the router into the power outlet and turn on the power.
3: Turn on your system (computer/.laptop).
4: Launch any web browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.)
5: In the browser’s Address bar, type your default IP address (192.169.11) and click enter to proceed.
6: Now, enter the router’s username and password.
Note: But, if you don’t remember the password, you have to reset the router to it’s default factory settings.
7: Now, set a password/ while setting another password, make sure you note it down in a diary or save it in your phone memo. Create an easy-to-remember but strong password that resists brute-force attacks.
8: Now, change SSID and password, for that:
- Log in to your Linksys router.
- Tap on configuration.
- On the top-left corner, select Wifi and then wifi settings.
- In the wifi name field, enter your new network name.
- In the Security Mode field, choose WPA2 Personal or PSK2 from the drop-down list.
- And, In the password field, enter your new password.
- To confirm the settings, click on the Save button. As soon as the settings are done, you will receive a confirmation window.
Following these eight steps, you have successfully setup Linksys router.
Setup Using Smart Setup Wizard
These are the steps to setup linksys router using a smart wifi wizard:
- Attach the external antennas with your wifi routers properly.
- Plug the router into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Connect your router with an internet cable.
- Turn on your system, and connect it to a reliable internet connection.
- Launch any web browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.)
- In the browser’s Address bar, type linksyssmartwifi.com and enter.
- The Linksys Wifi setup wizard will appear. Tap on the Next button.
- Another window will pop up. Uncheck the “install future router updates automatically” if you want to perform an auto-update.
- Click Next.
- Now, set a password/ while setting another password, make sure you note it down in a diary or save it in your phone memo. Create an easy-to-remember but strong password that resists brute-force attacks.
- Finally, select Next to complete the process.
If you receive a message “Your router is set up!” Congratulations! You have successfully set up Linksys router setup.
After you have done the Linksys setup router, you can also change the access restriction to put restrictions on any device. And, through the Application & Gaming tab, you can get access to some ports. We will deal with these settings in another post. For now, if you face any issue in setting up the Linksys router, you can contact us for help. Our technicians will assist you 24×7 online.