Belkin Router Setup – Here is the Complete Process
Belkin routers are high-quality home wireless routers. They offer good connectivity and durability and are perfect for those who own numerous devices like Kindle, smartphones, gaming consoles, and the like. A proper Belkin router setup enables all such devices to have a high-speed internet connection. It, in turn, allows you to seamlessly surf the net, play games, exchange emails and engage in other such things. There are two ways by which you can set up your router. In this article, you’ll find instructions on how to set your router by using the setup disk and manually.
Also Check:- Asus Router Setup | Wireless & Router App Setup
Prerequisites for Belkin Router Setup
There are a few things you require to benefit from a smooth Belkin wireless router setup. They are as follows.
- Ethernet cable for linking modem to Wi-Fi router.
- A good internet connection from your internet service provider.
- A mobile or computer with a web browser.
Belkin Router Setup Process
As mentioned before, you can carry out the setup procedure of this wireless router in two ways. Both of them are explained in the following sections.
1. Setup Via Setup Disk
To set up the Belkin router using the setup disk, you should first verify that your modem and router are not connected from their power sources. After that, follow these points.
- Link the modem to the router with an Ethernet cable. Ensure that the cable is plugged in an open Ethernet port in the modem and in the port labeled ‘WAN/Internet’ on the Belkin router.
- Connect the internet modem to the power supply.
- Next, plug in the router to its respective power supply.
- Place the Belkin setup disk in the optical disc drive on your PC. This disc is called The Belkin Easy Install Wizard software.
- Tap ‘Run the Easy Install Wizard.’ You will notice a series of instructions that’ll allow you to set up your internet connection.
- Tap ‘Finish’ on the end page of the wizard to close it. You will be informed that your router is well-connected to the internet.
2. Setup the Router Manually
Begin by plugging your router with the power outlet and switching it on. Follow these steps to know how to set up the Belkin router manually.
- Link your modem to the Wi-Fi router through an internet or Ethernet cable.
- Link the computer to your router via another Ethernet cable. (NOTE – If you don’t have an additional Ethernet cable, reset the router and tap on the Wireless icon on your system.)
- Now, link with the new Belkin Wi-Fi network and launch the browser.
- Once you have linked the router with the system, open a web browser.
- Here, input 192.168.2.1 and press Enter. The modem will start detecting the router. You can now start configuring the settings in the wireless router.
- You can modify or set up a password by navigating to ‘Wireless Settings.’
- After you set up a Belkin router, start your system and router again.
Follow the steps in this article when you want to execute the Belkin router setup. You won’t find the process challenging. If you have any doubts in your mind regarding the setup process, get professional assistance with it. The Belkin support experts will help you set up this router efficiently.
Belkin routers are high-quality home wireless routers. They offer good connectivity and durability and are perfect for those who own numerous devices like Kindle, smartphones, gaming consoles, and the like. A proper Belkin router setup enables all such devices to have a high-speed internet connection. It, in turn, allows you to seamlessly surf the net,…