With time, printing technology has become advanced to share the incredible printing performance with the users. There are multiple printing brands present in the market and among all of them, Lexmark is considered to be one of the most reliable printing brands available for users. Lexmark is an all-in-one printer that delivers outstanding printing performance and delivers the quality printing outcome. This compact printer delivers extraordinary results. To use the printing services, you can complete the Lexmark wireless printer setup on your device so you can print the documents from anywhere around the home or office.
In this guide, you will find the simple steps to complete the Lexmark wireless printer setup for your network. So, keep reading and find how to configure the device for printing the documents.
Connect the Lexmark Printer to WiFi Router
The WiFi network setup will let you use the printing services without a hassle, you do not need to worry about installing the power cable and the network cable. Here are easy steps that can complete the device configuration on your device.
- Firstly, you have to check and make sure that your WiFi router is “WPS” certified.
- Check if the “WiFi network adaptor” is installed on the device and it is connected properly.
- Go to the “Control Panel” on your printer, hit the “navigator” button to choose the “Start Push” button method.
- After this, proceed with on-screen instructions showing up on your screen to get connected to the WiFi.
- Go to the “Control Panel” of your printer, choose the “WiFi Connection Setup” method. Hit the “WiFi Protected Setup” option from the control panel of your device.
- From the “WiFi Protected Setup”, you need the “Start Pin” method.
- After this, note down the “Eight Digit WPS Pin”.
- On the web browser’s address field, type the IP address of your “Access Point”
- Click the “Settings” once you have entered the eight-digit pin code.
This is how you can complete the Lexmark printer setup, connect the Lexmark printer to the WiFi router.
How to Connect the Lexmark Printer to WiFi without a CD?
When the user purchases the printer for the first time, they get the installation CD along with it to complete the setup process. However, sometimes users do not receive the installation CD or lose it somewhere, they can still complete the Lexmark printer setup for the device by visiting the official website, and install the printer drivers on their device.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that your Lexmark Wireless Printer and computer are on the same WiFi network.
- On your system, go to the “Control Panel”.
- Go to the “Hardware Category” section, and choose the “Add a new device” option.
- Also, you need to make sure that you have selected the Lexmark printer and the device is in the discoverable mode.
- Have some patience and let your printing device get detected by the WiFi network and it will appear on the screen.
- Rename your Lexmark printer.
- Hit the “proceed” option for the installation of the printing device.
- For the installation of printer drivers, you must visit the printing official website, choose the appropriate printer model for the device. Click the button to download the printer software and drivers on your system,
- Once the printer drivers are installed on your system, restart your printer and computer.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to complete the Lexmark wireless printer setup without a CD for your system. Make sure that you provide the correct details for downloading the correct drivers and software on your device.
Alternative Steps to Complete the Lexmark Printer Wireless Setup
In case you are unable to set up Lexmark wireless printer following the instructions we have provided above, you can proceed with the steps mentioned below to do the task. The below-mentioned steps are providing brief information about setting a printer over the Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your printer and computer to the same Wi-Fi network. It is important to connect both the devices to the same Wi-Fi network to complete the wireless setup process.
- After this, turn on the Lexmark printer by connecting the power cord to the electric outlet.
- You do not need to insert the USB cable if no instruction is provided on the system display screen. If you have a CD for installation, you can use it to complete the Lexmark printer wireless setup for your device. And, if you do not have the CD, you need to visit the printer’s official website to do the task.
- It is necessary to provide the exact details of the printer model number and operating system to install the appropriate printer drivers on your device.
- When you connect the Lexmark printer to the computer, the device will recognize the software automatically. If you are able to manually install the printer software by visiting the official website, you can also use the driver’s easy tools to do the task.
- Enter the printer model number in the search bar. Choose the download printer driver option for the driver installation on your system. Once you have entered all the details, hit the download button for the software download on your system.
- You have to click on the ” I Agree” option to agree with the end license user agreement and proceed next.
- Double click on the software you have downloaded.
- Hit the “Extract” option to open the file. Tap 2 times on the setup icon and proceed with all screen instructions to complete the software installation.
- When the screen prompts, connect your Lexmark printer to the computer.
- Hit the “Finish” button to exit the program.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
- After this, print a test page to make sure that your printer is working fine and printing the documents wirelessly.
Unable to Connect Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi. How to Fix It?
If you are having trouble with the Lexmark Wi-Fi printer setup on your device, you can try the following steps to fix the problem:
- Firstly, disable the “Firewall” or “Antivirus” installed on your computer. This may cause trouble in establishing the Wi-Fi connection.
- Check the printer drivers and make sure that you have downloaded the updated version. The drivers must be compatible with your operating system, and download it from an authentic source.
- Check the printer settings, it must be correct.
- Make sure that you have connected your printer and computer to the same Wi-Fi network, else you cannot print documents wirelessly.
- Check the power connection, your printer and computer must be getting a proper power supply.
- Check the Wi-Fi router. If your router is not working, restart it and try to connect again.
Lexmark is a great option for printing documents wirelessly. In the guide above, we have provided easy instructions that can help the user to complete the Lexmark wireless printer setup for their system. All the mentioned steps are easy to follow and let you do the task without any trouble.
However, if you are still having issues in completing the Printer Wi-fi setup on your device, it is highly recommended to contact our Lexmark support team and get a piece of professional advice. The experts can help you to find the best possible solution to the problem, and make sure that you enjoy the best wireless printing experience with Lexmark.