Avast is one of the most trusted and widely used antivirus software available in the market. The software provides protection against online threats, viruses, and malware. Millions of people around the world are using Avast antivirus for their device protection, however, there have been many problems surrounding the software since day one. One of the most common issues encountered by the users is that avast antivirus not working.
If you are also facing the same trouble with Avast, this post can help you to fix the issue. Here, we are sharing some troubleshooting solutions that can help you to fix the avast antivirus not working problem on your system. So, keep reading and find the simple steps to get rid of the error.
Why is My Avast Antivirus Not Working?
There could be a number of possible reasons due to which you may encounter an Avast not working problem on your device. Below, we have shortlisted some of the most common factors responsible for the problem. It is important to determine the cause behind the issue to find out the best possible solution to fix it:
Your Avast antivirus software may not work if:
- The Avast antivirus installation has been corrupted.
- The anti-virus service is not running properly.
- Incorrect Avast password.
Now that you know the possible reasons, you can proceed next and follow the simple troubleshooting guidelines to fix Avast antivirus not working error:
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Avast Not Working Error
1. Repair the Avast Antivirus Software
If your avast won’t open after the installation, the best thing you can do to fix the error is to repair the software. To do this, you need to navigate to the control panel and use the repair wizard. The solution works for many people, however, you may need to make adjustments in some settings to make the software work.
- Firstly, you must be logged in as an administrator, else you cannot delete the programs using any account.
- Go to the “Start” menu, click “control panel”. You can also click on the gear icon to go to the settings on your Windows 10 PC.
- From the control panel, choose the “View as Category” option present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the “uninstall a program” option.
- Locate the Avast antivirus from the control panel and click to repair or uninstall it.
- You will see an installation Wizard appearing on the screen with multiple options like update, modify, repair, and uninstall. Here, you need to choose the repair option and hit the next button.
- A pop-up message will appear on the screen for confirmation.
- Click the “finish” button.
- Restart the PC.
The “Avast antivirus not working” problem will be resolved now and you can continue to use the software to protect your device against online threats.
2. Restart Avast Antivirus Software
If your Avast free antivirus not working, you can restart the service to fix the issue. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow to do so:
- Press the ” Windows + r” Key from the system.
- Type “services.msc” in the run box and hit the Ok button.
- The “Service Tool” window will open.
- Here, search for the “Avast antivirus service” and when you find that right-click on it.
- Go to the “properties” section.
- If service is started, click the “Stop” button to stop it.
- Make sure that you have set the “Startup Type” menu to automatic before you proceed with the further steps. If you see any dialogue box appearing before you change the startup type, you need to provide confirmation.
3. Clean the Installation
Clean installation of Avast antivirus software can help you to fix Avast antivirus not working error on the device. Executing the clean re-install is a simple process, this will help you to resolve the errors that the above method may not be able to fix. Here are the step-by-step guidelines you can follow to do so:
- Visit the Avast antivirus official website and download the latest version of antivirus software for the device.
- Download ” Avast uninstall utility” and save it on your system.
- Once you have downloaded the files, disconnect your system from the internet, and restart it in a safe mode.
- Press the “Windows + r” key and open the run dialogue box.
- Here, type “MSConfig”.
- Click the OK button.
- You will see the system configuration box appearing on the screen, hit the ” boot” button.
- Put a check on the box present next to the safe boot.
- Hit the Ok button and restart your system.
These steps will resolve your avast antivirus not working error on the device.
3. Update Avast Antivirus
The outdated software version could also be the reason that Avast won’t open. Thus, it is recommended to update your Avast antivirus software to the latest version available. For this:
- Go to the “settings” menu.
- Hit the “Avast” icon.
- Select the “Update” option.
- Wait until the update process gets completed. The procedure may take a while.
- Restart the system.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to fix Avast antivirus not working error on your device. The mentioned guidelines are simple and surely help you to fix the error.
However, it is important for you to make sure that you follow the Avast Antivirus Setup guidelines carefully to install the antivirus on your device. The wrong installation of antivirus is the major reason that users are unable to make the best use of services. Hopefully, the steps will resolve your issue and let you continue using the Avast antivirus software to protect the device against online threats. However, if you are still having trouble using the antivirus, it is recommended to contact the experts and get professional advice to find and fix the error.
The Avast Support team is available around the clock to help, and share the best possible solution to fix the Avast antivirus not working problem after analyzing the error. You can contact the experts whenever you want through call, live chat support, and email. The experts will share the quick solution to fix the error and make sure that your device stays protected with the software.